Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Down on Your LIfe

Depression happens! It usually occurs when I fail to process (well) the stuff that life throws at me. The Bible is filled with antidotes to depression. It usually centers around getting our heads right, focusing our minds on what is right rather than letting our emotions drive the bus!

Here's one thing (not the only thing) that Mrs. Mitzel made me think about on Wednesday (last):
"The 'that would be nice' stuff in our eyes is not always equal to God's plan."

That is a rough paraphrase -- since she talks so fast, and I listen so slow, and scribble slower! :) Remember that the Father's plan has dates and times and places that we don't always have when we want them. We often have to wait like the disciples did in Acts 1. BUT, the encouragement comes that God has promised us Power, our Assignment, and our Location ahead of time. That we know already. We are just waiting for timing.

1. What "major thing" has life thrown you recently that you need to realign your thinking on?
Confess the stress and avoid the mess!
2. How long is too long for God? Are you content to wait for the timing to become clear?
It's great to wait; He's never late!
3. Who is in my Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and uttermost that God is prepping for an unleashing of power through me?
Start today to pray for "they" (need to see God's power, need to hear the good news, need to have their sins forgiven, etc.)!

Help me fine tune those statements! They are cheezy, but you just might remember them! :)

Nice and easy, oh so cheezy,
PM

1 comment:

HIS daughter said...

wow pastor mike! thanks for that! I really needed the reminder to keep my focus were it needs to be and that is on CHRIST and HIM ALONE!
Bethany sent me the link for this and now I am really excited cause I can kinda get in on the youth group lessons as well :)
Thanks!
~Katy