Wednesday, January 23, 2008

OLD Testament Encounters with God

WyBC Teens,

I hope that you realize that the Bible Study that we are working through right now in Genesis is supposed to be OLD TESTAMENT characters' encounters with God. You have just breached that threshold and are now allowing OT characters to shape NT characters (you). I hope that you have found that studying and discussing has had a couple of impacts on you:

  1. Increased desire to study Scripture more
  2. Increased ability to share your perspective and beliefs
  3. Increased level of friendship between those blogging/discussing
  4. Increased desire to get to YG and hear more in "real time"
  5. Increased appreciation for the OT characters that God used
  6. Increased recognition of your self in these same characters
  7. Increased gratefulness for God's character and plan

While seven is often the mark of perfection or fullness in Scripture, it is not here. As great as you think I am, I am not inspired by the Holy Spirit! :) I am inspired (="motivated, encouraged") by your work on the blog though and your learning via the internet.

Would you post #8, #9, and #10 for others in the blogging community to see? What have you learned over the past two weeks through this experience? What do you get now more than you did only 14 days ago?

By the way, don't look now, but if you can say "amen" to any of these items in the list, I think that you are growing spiritually! And to that I say "amen" and "hallelujah (praise to the LORD)"

Thanks for growing,

PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey all you bloggers! it is beyond me where you all find time to comment and i feel like such a slacker since this will be my very first comment since you opened this sight.. I have to say that this study we are doing in youth group has really challenged me.. because i growing up have known the stories we talk bout but yet their is so much more deeper under the surface things to be discussed. I feel like i'm on a totally different level than you all because you all are so Bible story ("book") knowledge about these stories and can quote times, people, details, etc from memory that i don't know or rememember and I admire that.. this has further more really challenged me to dig alot deeper into these OT stories.. it completely blows my mind How great our God really is, and how everything just fits into his plan accordingly.. I agree with all 7 of those PM! the fun part about this blog is Sam and i have had a couple really great phone conversations about some of your comments, question etc! Ok, so i totally feel like i just rambled on about nothing... and im sorry... Bu yeah I'm def looking forward to further discussion, lessons, etc as we travel through the Old Testament..

Pastor Mike Paris said...

Laura,
I believe that was a #1, #7, #3, #4
:)
Thanks!